Watch the following video, then, post your response. In responding please comment on the first thing that comes to your mind. In addition, please list three things that you never new about coffee. The video can be found at the link below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ6MVJs1Ol8
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete-I had no idea that the coffee beans were inside of "coffee cherries."
ReplyDelete-Vietnam is a huge coffee producer? Who knew!
-76 coffee producing countries - with many different types of coffee beans.
Whenever I watch a video about coffee, they always make it look really appealing, and this video definitely did that too, along with actually giving some good information about coffee - things I hadn't known before. I didn't think that coffee would be very interesting, but it's turning out to be!
I did not know...
ReplyDelete~coffee beans are sometimes called cherries because the beans are red when ripe.
~coffee beans have three layers that they shed before the bean is roasted.
~coffee is highly successful yet it doesn't help the economies of the third-world countries it is being made in.
I found this video to be not very exciting, but I did learn some new details about coffee!
- i was not aware that coffee can only grow between the tropic of cancer and capricorn.
ReplyDelete- I didnt know that only the red coffee cherries were the one that are used to make high quality coffee.
-i didnt know that vietnam was the second largest coffee producing country in the world.
this video i felt was very dry though rich with detail and facts. it was interesting how they related the coffee in taste with wine and in price and value with oil. i was also suprised that the kind of coffee is different by region. that coffe from ethiopia is different than anyother coffee in the world.
Sorry...I found that it was interesting that coffee is so HAWT in the world! I can't believe that it is up there with oil. I also thought that coffee "pods" were not all red and green...just brown...
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that coffee originated in Ethiopia. Also that Brazil grows the most coffee, and that coffee beans grow on trees.
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that comes to my mind is how good coffee smells but how bad it tastes.
MHSBOARDS.1FORUM.BIZ
ReplyDeleteI thought the video was really clear and that the pictures were good for people like me who have no previous knowledge about coffee.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that:
1. coffee beans look so much like cherries when they are ripe,
2. vietnam is the second largest coffee producer in the world,
or
3. the process that they have to go through to make the beans recognizable to me.
I agree entirely with the user above.
ReplyDeleteSome things about coffee that i did not know:
-Vietnam is such a large coffee producing country (2nd in the world).
-Jamaica is a large coffee producer.
-Hawaii is a large coffee producer
The narrator in this video speaks with an agonizingly boring and annoying tone. He has no emotion and the video is incredibly slow but it does contain a lot of facts.
above as in the very first comment*
ReplyDeleteWell i guess coffee is a better thing for the world to be addicted to than, I don't know, not oil unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteThere are around 76 countries in the world that produce coffee. The coffee cherry... it's a cherry! Brasil exports the most coffee in the world and yet is a third world country.
I didn't know that the coffee bean was found in a cherry like fruit that came in pairs. Most of the coffee was originated in Ethiopia. Also, Indonesia is the second largest grower for coffee.
ReplyDeleteWhen watching this film, the language used when describing the process is really appealing.
ReplyDelete-The master roaster determines "master roast level" for to determine the ideal taste of a specific coffee.
-There are 76 coffee producing countries throughout the tropics.
-Coffee beans actually origniate within "coffee cherries," which resemble the look of cherries but peal to reveal the bean itself. To determine whether the cherry is ready to be deconstructed, it will be a light green color, but once ripe it will become a rich red color.
I did not know that Brazil is the largest producer of coffee. It was also interesting that different countries produce coffee that is best suited to different roasts. Also, I did not realize that people compared coffee with wine.
ReplyDeleteAlthough the hawtness of this blog is certainly not to be disputed, I'll admit; three things that I learned from the movie were that coffee beans are green or red, at a certain stage it is referred to as "parchment," and that learning about coffee could be so gosh darn interesting.
ReplyDeleteThe movie, to me, came off as a series of coffee-related pictures being displayed while a man lectured about coffee.
As coffee is a second world commodity it is interesting that Brazil is a third world country, but at the same time produces the most coffee. The top coffee producers seem to be improvished areas which makes it evident that coffe producers are not getting enough money. It is not surprising to me that Ethiopia produces well known coffee as it is the plants native location, but I never knew that Jamaica made well known good tasting coffee. It makes sense though that the coffe is high priced as it is probably low in production.
ReplyDeleteI guess i found this video kind of interesting. I never realized how complicated a process coffee production was, or how coffee beans originally look like cherries. I also never knew that Brazil and Vietnam were the largest world coffee producers. In general, i was unaware of how much of a fuss people made over coffee...being the second largest traded commodity in the world and all, as i've never considered drinking it myself...
ReplyDeleteI found the video interesting and very informing. I learned that:
ReplyDelete1.vietnam is the second largest coffee producer in the world only behind Brasil.
2.I did not know that coffee beans are sometimes called cherries because the beans are red when ripe and actually look like cherries.
3. There are about 76 countries in hte world that can produce coffee.